Thursday, July 21, 2011

First day of school!


It is hard to believe it is that time again, but we kicked off the 2011-2012 school year today!  Can't believe I have 2 boys I am responsible for teaching now!  Even harder to believe Noah was 4 when we pulled him out of preschool and decided to begin our homeschool journey.  And really we could not be any happier with our decision!
My sweet Noah J completed his first day of First Grade with such a great attitude I was honestly surprised.  Even though it was just the first day it was a lot more work than he was used to, but he did it happily.  I'm sure that will only last a week or so, but it was nice to see none-the-less.
My little Wy baby also did really well with school today.  Up until now he has been given basically busy work while I have focused on Noah.  Stuff like mazes, tracing and cutting.  So now we are buckling down and getting to work to get this boy reading before the end of the school year.  I know it will be a stretch for him, but he's pretty gooey so I think he'll be able to do it! :)
We took them to Old Navy to let them pick out new shirts for the first day, but they ended up convincing us of these whole outfits.  Noah was beyond excited that we let him pick out anything he wanted, and he surprised me by picking this camo number.  Camo shirt, camo shorts, camo flip flops, and a camo hat.  And of course he remembered to wear his camo undies with it!  Wyatt wasn't so much of a surprise with his Tom and Jerry shirt, bright orange shorts, flip flops, and a car hat!  I just LOVE him in this hat - so adorable.  One of my favorite parts of homeschool is that they are SO free to be themselves without concern of what other kids might think!!
It was such a great day and they worked so hard!  We finished up school by celebrating with a  lunch out to Subway, which the boys love.  It was such a nice way to start the year.  I am so grateful that I get to spend this time with my sweet boys.  I can see their childhood's flashing right by me, and I'm gonna make the most of every single minute I get with these precious babies God entrusted to me!  It was so scary when we made this decision to homeschool, but now I cannot imagine our life without it!

I think it sums it all up when Wyatt asked me today who taught me when I was little.  I told him how I went to school in a building with other kids so I had lots of teachers.  He said, "Ohhh, that was so sad momma!"  Right on little boy!!

1 comment:

Christi Brown said...

yay! the boys look great and so happy! Are you coming back to Friday School? We would love to have you!