Monday, August 20, 2007

Mmmmmmmm! Rice cereal!






So I took Wyatt to the doc today to get his junk checked out again, and she surprised me by saying we could go ahead and do his 4 month checkup a week early. So he was great - he already weighs 17 lbs 4 oz! She was sure to tell me he wasn't fat and that he was perfect! I told her everyone tells me he's too huge and I need to feed him less. The kid only has 5 bottles a day!

So anyways, she gave us the go ahead to start feeding him solids, so we started on some rice cereal tonight. He was a little unsure at first, but I think he really liked it! Noah was very upset Wyatt was in the highchair, and even made us give him a baby plate and rubber spoon. Wy had his shots so he wasn't in the best mood, but I think he did really great for his first meal. Noah J cried the instant we put it in his mouth, so we're already in a much better place with Wyatt. The instructions for making "babies first cereal" are terrible cause its so thin they just can't keep it in their mouth. So I made it a lot thicker for Wyatt than I did for Noah - I think he liked it that way!

The doc said to do cereal for about 3 weeks then add veggies and then fruit, but I think i'm gonna just do my own thing. What baby wants to eat that terribly bland cereal?? Noah J wouldn't eat any cereal, so we went straight to "sweet" veggies and fruit that we just added cereal to. So I'm thinking we're gonna go ahead and get Wyatt on some veggies next week. We're going to the store tomorrow so I think I"ll pick up some butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and apples. I'm so excited to cook for my baby! Look at how cute he is!

No comments: