Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rodeo day


Poor Noah J's first Rodeo day at school did not go quiet as planned. It seems as if his body knows when something exciting is going to happen at school and it decides to get sick! Poor kid has been sick for every fun thing. But after the fiasco of missing the Thanksgiving feast that the boy still asks about I wasn't going to let him miss this, but maybe I should have! He had a fever but I just gave him some Tylenol and sent him on his way. It was a MOPS day for me so I was just a few rooms over and came by during his activity time and this is what I found! One sad boy, and Josh standing there taking pictures of him! It was really heartbreaking. He convinced us that he needed to go home so Josh promptly swept him off his feet and popped him into the car. I feel awful that he didn't have any fun!

I kinda think that it might have something with us being there - he gets so self conscious and won't do anything when we are around. So I've decided to not go to anymore stuff like this. The next week they had a "dinosaur day" where they dug up bones and stuff but I didn't go see him and get pictures cause I thought he would clam up! Who knows! One way I'm letting him have fun, and the other I'm making him feel like I don't care! What's a mom to do??

No comments: