Tuesday, December 07, 2010

#8,297 reason I love my husand!

What other man would so readily take to being woken up with, "Do you think you could go in the garage and take some scrap wood and make me a teeny tiny manger?".  After groggily pulling himself from the bed he promptly went outside and 30 minutes later created this masterpiece. I LOVE IT!!!  I ran to Wal-Mart and got some spray paint and we were done.  It is just what I have needed for our nightly devotionals for Christmas.
Every night in December we have been doing a version of Jesse tree devotionals with the kids, and in the box there is 1 piece of yarn for each kid.  After doing our devotional they take their piece of "straw" and put it in the manger to get it ready for baby Jesus.
Even Annie got in on the action! (If you can't tell, she is quite mesmerized by the tree!)
I got this tiny little baby boy doll at Old Navy that I have wrapped in a tiny blanket, and on Christmas morning we are going to put him in the straw!  I can't wait to continue this tradition for years to come, it is so sweet and precious!

No comments: