Saturday, December 04, 2010

My little decorators!

Every year we bake gingerbread cookie ornaments for our kitchen Christmas tree.  We usually use this tiny fake tree we have, but this year we gave that tree to Annie, so we found this larger fake one at Wal-Mart for a mere $38 so now we have this HUGE tree in the kitchen.  Ridiculous?  Yes.  Do I love it?  You know it.

Well, I left the cookies out on the kitchen table that night cause we were going to ice them and put the ribbons on them the next morning.  Little did I know, my little decorator elves would get up and the crack of dawn and then surprise me with the fact that they decorated the tree all by themselves.  I was so incredibly confused, trying to figure out where they got hangers from, that is until I saw it.  I could not stop laughing, but of course had to gush about what a great job they did.  Its a good thing we have such a sturdy tree, so that they could stack 5 cookies at a time and balance them perfectly on the branches.
And I've left it this way!  I just feel like I would crush their spirit if I changed it or told them this wasn't the way its supposed to be.  They are seriously super proud of what they did and think they really helped me a ton.  I love those boys!

No comments: