Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our big girl!

My little baby has been sleeping in her crib for a week now!  I am so proud of her.  I really thought she would have a super hard time with it, cause she has been our only baby that we let sleep in our bed.  And we waited to so long!  She is 4 months old now, so I just knew she was going to be set in her ways.  The first night we just laid her in there and she went right to sleep without a problem.  She got up twice to eat (which is her only serious problem), and then went right back to sleep. 

Night number two is always worse, so I was expecting chaos, and chaos is what I got.  She screamed and cried immediately and Josh and I kept going back in every three or four minutes to pat/shhh and comfort her.  But she was having nothing to do with it.  I finally went in and picked her up and she was just so worked up and couldn't catch her breath that the child puked all over me.  Well, me and the glider.  I was pretty much done at that point so we changed her and then let her go to the swing for a bit.  After she fell asleep we transferred her over and haven't have a problem since.  Now, I know we're still dependent on the swing, but at least she is in her own bed.  Josh and I are finally able to snuggle up at night for the first time in over a year!  Don't even think about snuggling with me while preggo! :)

I couldn't get any good pics of her asleep, so I tried to get one during  a nap, but Josh had the lens that doesn't zoom on the camera and I couldn't get far enough away!  But you can see her little cute self.  That was the only time I have caught her asleep in that position.  Every single night this week she sleeps flat on her back with her hands behind her head.  She totally looks like she is about to do a sit up!  So sweet!

I'm a little afraid she will never sleep through the night.  She consumes such small amounts of formula during the day that I know her body depends on this night feedings just to hold steady.  I cannot see a time in the near future where I think she will be ready to drop  the night feeds.  Agghhh!  I keep convincing myself that by the time she turns one we will be good to go.  That's less than a year away, right? :)

No comments: