Monday, June 20, 2011

Berry Picking!


Last week we braved the miserably hot weather to go pick blackberries with friends.  And we are so glad we did!  They were delicious and we just used the last of them last night in smoothies with our dinner!  We tried Neal's Berry Farm out in Spring and it was really nice!  It was our first time picking on vines with thorns, but I think it brought that little element of danger that any berry picking event needs!  They also had a farmers market and we picked up a few veggies for dinner this week that were delicious.  And I also thought the prices were very reasonable - especially for the berries.  This ends my Neal's Berry Farm commercial.  :)

I just love this pictures of the boys with their friends.  Aren't they just the palest group of kiddos ever?  They look like an ad for sunscreen!! :)  I'm a firm believer that pale is gorgeous!!!  So at the last minute I thought I would get a cute picture of any holding a blackberry.  I truly did not expect her to try to eat it cause it was HUGE.  But immediately she popped in right in her mouth.  It looks pretty disturbing, right?
So then she drops it in the dirt.....
Picks it back up and smooshes it a bit.......
And then puts it back into her mouth....
She was really quite proud of herself....



And shockingly, with just a little soak in some Biz those stains came right out!!  Now our goal is to get out and pick blueberries before they are all gone!  But we are so very sick in this house right now - Annie, Wyatt, and me!  You know its bad when Momma is sick!!  Agghhh!


1 comment:

Madison Rose Vintage said...

Aww! Those pictures of Annie are too cute! :)

I have tried and tried to go berry picking and for some reason it never works out. I think I will check out the place you went and hopefully they will still have berries.