Friday, February 08, 2013

Blue and Gold Banquet!

 I think it would  be safe to say my boy is officially in love with scouting.  Most things he does for a little while, or just one season, and while he enjoys it, he doesn't want to continue.  But that is not the case with scouts!  He has told us he wants to be in scouts till he earns every single, badge, beltloop, and pin.  :)  Please swoon over his little toothless smile with me!



We weren't sure what to expect for the blue and gold banquet, since we are new to this scouting thing, but all the kids had a blast.  We were served dinner, so it was automatically a winner in my book.  The rest of the gang enjoyed it too. There was a dessert decorating contest, which we knew we simply MUST enter.  It was nice that they had a child decorated category and a family decorated category.  Noah and I brainstormed about what we should make and we decided on wolves, since that is what level he is at.


Aren't they adorable??!  I have to take absolutely no credit for them.  I followed the directions in this book I got for Christmas years ago.   It had directions for werewolves so we used that with gray icing and used a grass tip instead of what they recommended.  Noah was tickled pink with them!  I was so happy we were able to bring something he was really proud of.  AND they won for best family decorated and he got a Sonic giftcard, so that only sweetened the deal for him.  :)

They also had an awards ceremony and he got some new beltloops, some badges, and even a ribbon.  I was pleased about the ribbon cause earlier in the week he was lamenting about how he's never won a ribbon and it seems so wonderful. LOL

The biggest news scouting wise is that Josh will be his new den leader.  The original one is moving, the replacement had to quit because he will be traveling so much with his work schedule, and nobody else stepped up.  So Josh reluctantly took the job.  He is such a great dad and is actively involved in every scout meeting, but he really didn't want to have to plan it all.  Luckily he is married to a gal who loves planning!  I have already got the rest of the year all laid out.  Woo hoo!

No comments: