Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day Flags

Oh my goodness, you guys, does it get any cuter than this?!  I really don't think it can.  They had their first official event with both of them as scouts... so incredibly cute to see them having something else to bond over.  We spent a couple hours at the Houston National Cemetery this afternoon raising flags.  Other people had come out earlier this morning to place the tiny flags on each grave but the scouts worked to raise large flags on poles that were placed all along the roads and paths throughout the cemetery.



The boys were such troopers even though it was incredibly hot.  Annie was too!  She clapped and said it was beautiful when the flags were finally flying! :)  It felt good to actually do something honoring veterans this year.  My boys were so respectful and serious about the task at hand.  I think it must have had quite an affect on Noah J cause this evening he told me he no longer wants to be soldier and instead wants to be a sea rescuer.  He's such a sensitive little thing - I just love his heart.



No comments: