Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sleepy muffin!


We were feeling like we have not taken enough pictures of Annie these past couple of weeks, but this is what she spends the majority of her time doing.  And of course I could just stare at her for hours, but it just doesn't make for a great picture!  She is such a great sleeper, as long as she isn't having reflux problems. Can you tell this guy loves his little girl?  And check out her crazy hair situation - the normal Marlatt baby cul-de-sac, the long piece on top that never falls out, and then tiny fine hairs growing in.  And this is the shocker - I think she is going to have brown hair!!!!!!  Both of the boys had nearly white hair growing at this point, but hers looks much darker.  I still can't believe it.


What is so crazy about her is that she sleeps well under any circumstances, swaddled, not swaddled, in a swing, just laying in the crib - it doesn't really matter.  Although, she does have less wakings if she is swaddled.  We actually found her this new swaddle wrap - I have 2 other ones from the boys and they just didn't work.... her arms were constantly just slipping up to her face.  It was causing me to think she was hungry all the time cause she had her hand in her mouth, but that is also the same thing she does when she is really sleepy.  So we got this sleep sack/swaddle wrap combo thing and I just love it.  Now I just need another one so I don't have to wash it all the time!

She usually sleeps in the swing at night wrapped in the swaddle until 11:30, when I take her to bed and give her a bottle - the one and only bottle all day that she willing takes and sucks down without a fit.  I love it!  We took her to her 2 month check up and she is doing well in all areas except eating!  Her reflux is pretty manageable at this point, although still unpredictable.  She was 10 lbs 4 oz, which puts her in the 32% for weight, and she is at the 66% for height, and they would obviously like those 2 numbers to be closer together.  So I am continuing to try to force bottles on her, usually with no success.  This girl knows what she wants!

No comments: