Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The last gift of Christmas!


So I saw this great idea on some random blog about giving one last Christmas gift on New Years Day.  Each year this mom wrapped up a calendar (that she got on clearance after Christmas) and thrilled the kids by giving them one last gift to open.  I decided to steal the idea as soon as I saw these calendars at Wal-Mart super cheap this year.  Sadly I was unable to hold on to them till New Years Day and let the kiddos open them about 45 minutes till midnight on New Years Eve.  It kinda worked out perfectly cause it gave us something to do after the Aggie game was over and people were starting to melt down!


Noah loved his bucks!

And Wyatt is thrilled with his wolves.

And Annie can't stop oohing and aaahing over the cute baby cats!!


It was so nice to have Joshua home this year for New Years!  We had our annual "bean feast" with my parents, did fireworks,  watched the Aggie bowl game, played a few rounds of Hedbanz and Sleeping Queens, and the kids ate as much puppy chow as they could!  They were incredibly hyped up by the time midnight hit!


 We ran outside at midnight and watched all the explosions filling the sky together for the first time since the kids have been born!  Such fun!!!  And I loved giving calendars cause it makes me think of the calendar I got each year from my Grandma.  I couldn't tell you a single other thing they she ever bought me for Christmas, but I looked so forward to seeing the teddy bear calendar she got me each year.  Can't wait to see what kinds of calendars I can pick each kiddo next year!

No comments: